Getting ready to release a book is one of the most exciting things as an author. It doesn’t matter if you’ve released a book before or not, releasing your 100thbook compared to your 20this all the same. It’s like having a new baby even when you already have two. So, when it comes to getting ready to release a book, it’s always a lot of fun.
There are so many fun things you can do to get ready for the release, book tours, blog tours, cover reveals, pre reviews etc. So how can you create the perfect pre-release package? Let’s discuss.
The first thing to sort out is what exactly you want to surround this release. Do you think doing a cover reveal will be more exciting for your book? Is your cover so captivating that people will want to purchase your book off the cover alone? Do a cover reveal.
What about a book tour? Are readers going to flock to you off your reading and presence that they will want to purchase your book for that reason alone? Do you have a good following? This might be the right move for you.
Blog tours are basically the same thing as a book tour, but from the comfort of your own home. Are you trying to gain new followers? Schedule a blog tour.
But, scheduling events is just the icing on the cake. Simple organizing and being prepared for the release goes a long away. Here are a few things you need to make sure are set in motion before the book releases.
- Has the book been through several rounds of editing
- Have you updated your website about your coming book
- Are all social media platforms ready for the book you’ve been promoting since you’ve been writing
- Have you created logos and graphics to help promote.
- Is the cover finished
- Has the synopsis been created
- Is your bio updated
- Have you started contacting the media about your release
- Have you created a release date
- Most importantly, have you budgeted for this release
If you can put together good events to surround your book and then put together a well-organized list to prepare for the release, you are well on your way to having the perfect pre-release package.
-Your Literary Mentor
Contact DMP about getting assistance with your new release